Rasdien's absurd yet thought-provoking stand-up comedy show tackles the touchy subject of evolution and how natural selection has blessed many of the figures that loom over South African life. Topics under scrutiny range from the devil and Charles Darwin to Julius Malema and Steven Hawking in a show that will make you laugh until tears are rolling down your face.
Joey Rasdien is the face of a new generation of South African comedy. He is instantly recognisable thanks to his appearances in movies such as Running Riot, Bunny Chow, Vaatjie Sien Sy Gat, Dollars and White Pipes, as well as the recently released Outrageous and currently shooting Blitz Patrollie. Joey has also just completed shooting his own sitcom due for transmission in October 2010 on SABC2. In addition, Rasdien has performed in many major comedy festivals in South Africa and is a regular on the comedy circuit at the country's leading venues. He headlined the most recent Blacks Only Comedy, which played to a capacity crowd of 4,000 people, and he has become a regular performer at the popular Heavyweight Comedy Jams. He also recently starred in the popular Last Laugh at The Lyric and The Pure Monate Show on SABC1. Joey has also performed at the prestigious comedy venue Yuk Yuks in Toronto.
His experience in the financial industry is an advantage when relating to a corporate audience which makes him a sought after Facilitator / entertainer at conferences.
Having appeared in many television ads, including Cell C, One Life Direct, Kalahari.com, KFC, The ICC Cricket World Cup Campaign and toured with the South African Cricket Team as one of the faces of South African Cricket.
Joey also appears on the smash hit DVD and CD Make the circle bigger with HHP and JR.
This versatile performer was also a regular on the Club Comedy circuit, where he’s performed to sell out audiences at incl.;
- Cool Runnings in Melville and The Blues Room in Sandton, Carnival City, Morula Sun and Dachs in Pretoria.
- He headlined the most recent Blacks only Comedy to a sell out crowd of 4000 people
- He has become a regular performer at the popular Heavyweight Comedy Jams
- He is a regular headliner at Nu Breed Comedy and Munt Comedy evenings targeting the growing black comedy market.
- His biggest comedy gig thus far was on the Main Arena at the Smirnoff International Comedy Festival held in Cape Town.
- Joey recently launched his 1st 1man show, Joey Rasdien Praat K*k at the Aardklop Festival in Potchefstoom
- Joey has his new one man show offering Mixed DNA on stage at the Lyric Theatre on 21 & 22 May 2010
- Comedy Showcase
- Sketches on Jerry Springer's Saturday Night
- appearances in The Phat Joe Show
- Pap Idols
- Spek Skieters
- a lead role in a Quickies Production
- Joey also performed rap in 4 music video recordings for the Department of Health for their AIDS campaign, Khomanani
- He also presented the popular live interactive game show, Play TV on SABC3
- scriptwriter and performer on the hit comedy sketch show, The Pure Monate Show on SABC1
- host of his own game show, Go For It, on SABC2.
- Laugh Out Loud, a prank show screened on Mnet.
- Joey is a regular on Kyknet & various SABC 1, 2 & 3 shows.
- Joey won Best Actor Award at the Nante Film Festival in France in December 2007 for his role in Bunny Chow
- Joey has just completed shooting his own Sitcom series, commissioned by SABC2 which will flight towards the 3rd quarter of 2010
- Joey has become an Ambassador for Adidas internationally, and a spokesperson for 46664 as well as the Mandela Foundation
His corporate clients include SA Post, SAB Miller, Coca Cola, ABI, RCI, MTN, MNET, Spoornet, FNB, ABSA, Standard Bank, Nedbank, The Gordon Institute of Business, Pfizer, Life Healthcare, Murray and Roberts and Sasol, amongst many others.